Friday, January 16, 2009

Explaining the symbolisim of the Marriage Custum Part 1

It has been some time since I have been able to write a blog. I have had to move, started working in a church in Southern Illinois. It has been a Busy couple of months...But I am finnaly situated, most of the boxes are now empty...at lest the ones that I plan on looking through.

So now I can begin to start agian on this project that I started some months ago.

Now we have seen, 1. The symbolisms in the bible, the history of the Jewish marriage custums. Now we need to look more indepth in some of the truthes behind the Jewish marriage custums.

So Let us now examine the scriptures to further explain the significance of the Jewish marriage and that of Christ relationship with his followers. Let us think of the Israeli marriage custom as a parable for Christ relationship to His people. In order to do this properly we need to identify all of the players and places, this will help us fully understand the marriage custum as it relates to the Bride of Christ and Jesus Christ.

First we see that the unmarried daughter is mankind, and the prospective husband is Jesus Christ "For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ." -(2Co 11:2)

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. - (Eph 5:25-27)


The unmarried daughter’s father is Satan, and his house is the world. To establish this look at Luke Chapter 4 verses 5 and 6.
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. - (Luk 4:5-6)
Here we see Satan tempting Jesus, when I looked at this many years ago I was at a loss. I thought now wait a min what kind of temptation is this. I mean here is Jesus, God in the Flesh, Why was the devil saying to Jesus that he would give this world to him...did not God control this...yet we miss something when we do not look at all of the scriptures.

You see the earth belonged to Satan and he had power over all who were in it. The bible says that we are of our father the Devil...
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
(2Co 4:4)


Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. -(Joh 8:41-44)


The future husband, Jesus Christ came from his Father’s house, Heaven, to Earth to acquire his bride. In fact if you read the passage that we just looked at, we read "If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me." We also read in other passages that Jesus was sent from His fathers house.

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. -(Joh 3:13)

I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father. - (Joh 16:28)

Now the unmarried daughter’s father (Satan) is not at all compassionate. The charge set for his daughter is death (Rom 6:23;4:25).

Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
(Rom 4:25)


For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(Rom 6:23)


When God originally made the first man and woman they were alive, spiritually as well as physically. (Gen 2:7 (living Being)) To summarize the fall of man we can say that God said: “I have made you living beings, but in the day that you turned hostile to me, my justice or Holiness will force my Spirit out of you and you will be dead spiritually”.

Satan, the devil, who’s name accurately means, “The Accuser”, always points out your fault to God (Job 1:1-12) and points out the fact that since you are guilty God can’t have you and still be righteous. We know God is a Just or Holy God (Lev 11:45), and can not have sin in his company. So we see the daughter is spiritually dead, or cut off from God, that is life. The only way to unite with her is to give up your spiritual life.

Lucifer probably thought that this was a pretty amusing trick. If God wanted his beloved back he would have to die, and Satan had the power over death Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. - (Heb 2:14-15)

Jesus could have the bride, if he paid the bride price, but then he would be dead and thus under Satan's power. This is right where Satan wanted Jesus, it is at the core of why Lucifer tempted Jesus (Matt 4:1-11). In fact that is the reason for Satan’s fall, he desired to become god and try to take over his authority over God (Ezekiel 28:12-17). In Satan’s mind this was “check mate”, He thought that he had God right where he wanted him. God can't overlook our guilt and still be holy, at least as things were in that present time. If God wanted mankind back, with out compromising his holiness he would have to formulate a plan.

.......TO Be Continued

No comments: